Laser hair removal is one of the most efficient ways to remove unwanted hair. Most people are ecstatic with the results and experience a huge percentage of permanent hair reduction.
A lot of people lack the correct information when it comes to this procedure though, not knowing how to prepare for it or care for themselves afterwards. If you have opted for this procedure or are thinking about it, there are some things you can do to make sure you get the best results.
Pre- and post-care is essential when it comes to laser hair removal and we’ve put together some tips to help you:
- Shave a couple of hours before the procedure to let your skin relax a bit
- Minimize sun exposure
- Keep your skin well moisturized
- No waxing or plucking a month before the procedure. Doing this compromises the effectiveness
- On the day of the procedure, don’t apply any cosmetics or lotion
- Wear loose-fitting and comfortable clothing
- Don’t wax or perform any other hair removal techniques. By waxing, you might revive the hair follicle, causing problems
- A week or two after the procedure, exfoliate once the redness has died down
- Apply vitamin oil to soothe the area
- Once again, no sunlight exposure
- If you got the procedure done on your face, don’t apply make- up. Cosmetics should be applied only once you’ve completely healed
- No scratching – if you feel you need to, don’t scratch the area or it will cause scarring
- Take a gym break! A day or two will do. The gym or excessive sweating may cause irritation
To make sure you have a successful laser hair removal experience, it’s important that you care for your skin before and after the procedure. Following these pre- and post-tips will help you kiss your hairy days goodbye for good.